Follow Me On FOOD BUZZ !!!

Foodbuzz

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Fresh Market - A Sandwich Obsession



First, just let me begin by saying that food from a supermarket deli, will not be a regular occurrence on this web page. Secondly, I must say that the discovery of good food will ALWAYS (in my opinion) have a place here, regardless of where it originates. With all of that said.........


My boyfriend has a problem. He is an addict.


It all started out quite innocently. We were headed to Falls park for a romantic picnic dinner and stopped at The Fresh Market to pick something up for said picnic. We had planned on sushi, but something else caught his eye.


There it sat, in the deli case, the sandwich that would later have us searching out a 12 step program.


It was fresh mozzarella, basil & tomato on a freshly baked ciabatta roll. Huge chunks of creamy white cheese were falling from the sandwich as he tried to eat it. I sat quietly eating my sushi, jealous and begging for the fallen bits of cheese that had been surrendered by the sandwich.


That was weeks ago, and he has become a regular patron of the sandwich case at The Fresh Market. Let me warn you though, be sure that you don't let just anyone make this masterpiece of a sandwich. The case was void of a premade one, one night when we went in, so he asked the nearest clerk to prepare him one. The girl was new and obviously had no knowledge of the sandwich. The item that was handed across the counter after she struggled to put it together, was well , to say that my man was disappointed would be an gross understatement. He has now figured out who to order from. He says he's not addicted...... but every so often I catch the smell of basil on his breath.


www.TheFreshMarket.com





1 comment:

Nate said...

It's true. I am a hopeless case.